dinsdag 17 november 2015

Homewear 2.0: feel pretty with the Cool Crib Collection

SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish



Move over onesies and snuggies! Slouching on the couch is amazing, but sometimes, looking pretty is just better. I seem to have caught a bad case of the winter blues (even though I tried everything to avoid them), so right now, I'm doing everything it takes to feel better again, get new energy and find new inspiration - as I really need that.

Dressing up is one of the things that helps me the most. Not just when going out, but also when staying in. Looking in the mirror and seeing myself in my ugliest sweatpants and sweater doesn't make me happy. Looking in the mirror and seeing myself in a pretty dress and a bathrobe with pretty lace details... Well, it just makes me happier. It's a bit of luxury, but in a very comfortable way.


SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish



SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish



SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish



SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish SASHIONBLOG-by-Saskia-van-Rij-AYSSLC-Cool-Crib-Collection-by-are-you-swedish



A little while ago I visited the Are You Swedish? showroom. They gave me an amazingly large mug, and a notebook and after seeing the Mary J night dress and the Lil Kim bathrobe, I couldn't resist to get my hands on those items as well. The fabric was so soft and the lace details were so pretty... I needed them in my life. Slouching 2.0 was about to start: I was gonna fill the mug with tea or coffee, wear the items and feel pretty, sit down and write amazing ideas in my notebook. I was inspired by the Are You Swedish? Cool Crib Collection mindset:

Home is where dreams start. Where ambitions are born. Where businesses are dreamed up. Where BIG plans take their first babysteps. Where BOSSES dream. And then do. And then make it. Sky is the limit.

But then.... Winter blues kicked in. Bu-bye inspiration. But did I really want that? No. I've got ambitions. I don't want to stop creating stuff, whether it's blog posts, pictures or drawings (I really need to start drawing again). I want to create. So I slipped into this dress, put on the bathrobe, filled the mug with some much needed coffee and started brainstorming. #AYSSLCforSUCCES!

And that's where I am now. In my bathrobe, with the notebook (which unfortunately I totally forgot to put in the pictures. But you can still see it here and get your hands on one here!) and my laptop. Refinding my inspiration, drawing, making collages... And sometimes failing, but standing up again. I've got ambitions, I've got plans, I've got new energy. I'm finally kicking those winter blues out of my life!

I've made some new plans and I'm getting more and more excited. Today I've got a day full of meetings, one of which will take place at the Magna Plaza in Amsterdam, where Are You Swedish? just started a concept store. They also started one in Rotterdam, at Indie Brands, so I'll be sure to visit that store as well. And of course I'll take my camera and notebook. I bet I'll find some new inspiration!

What helps you when you're a bit down? Does dressing up help you as well, or do you have some other techniques? ;) Help each other out, haha! And how do you (re)find your inspiration?

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Wauw, wat een prachtige foto's zijn dit! Mooi kamerjasje.

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat een prachtige foto's weer hé! Ik wil die superdeluxe badjas ook!
    (En ik vind jouw blogposts ALTIJD al zo origineel en leuk! :) )

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Mooie foto's! En die badjas is echt gaaf! Ik ben nog steeds heel blij met mijn Are you Swedish? tas ;)
    X Marloes

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow, wat een plaatje! Heel leuk! Ik moet zeggen dat ik wel bijna altijd een lelijke pyjama aanheb haha, maar dit is natuurlijk veel leuker eigenlijk! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Ahh Joanne!!! Dat is TE lief. Dankjewel!!! :D You made my day :D

    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Dankjewel!! En leuk om te horen!! Fijn dat je er blij mee bent. Ik gebruik hem zelf ook super vaak, haha! :D

    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wat een mooie outfit. Ik wil ook zo'n badjas van die stof. Dat vind ik altijd zo jaar gaaf!
    xoxo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. wat een heerlijke outfit en leuke foto's!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Mooi hoor! Zelf zit ik vaak toch in iets minder flatterende pyjama pakken :-) Moet ik ook eens verandering in brengen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Nice blog.Thanks!
    http://belstaffsale.compucelunlock.net

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. I love your blog!
    http://www.avalonentries.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Great post.Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.arcteryxsale.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. This post is so refreshing
    http://windittight.com/alexander-mcqueen/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen