maandag 26 oktober 2015

Our home | Our quite hysterical home office



Since the beginning of my blog, I've showed you the homes of others, but I've never really showed you my own interior (unless you're following me on Instagram, which is actually filled with interior shots). Our home is not quite finished yet, we're always redecorating and looking for new inspiration, but there's one room I really want to show you. You may already know that I love all things bright and colorful and that's exactly what our workspace looks like: bright, colorful and OK, a bit hysterical. But it makes me SUPER happy. Let's take a look!









It took a while to find my own style, but I guess I finally found it. After trying industrial and minimalistic, I found that these styles just weren't me. Don't get me wrong, I love these styles (Leanne's home for example is bold and industrial and I think that's just gorgeous), but I just kept finding cute colorful and sometimes sparkly accessories... So I quickly decided that minimalistic wasn't my thing. Hysterical was more my style. And I love vintage objects and accessories, preferably with their own stories attached to them. This workspace isn't really filled with vintage treasures, except for the doggie on the Ikea Vittsjö desk. I bought it at Kolifleur and I love it!!

My favorite interior stores would be Kolifleur (read more about it here), Loods 5, UrbinDesign, a store in my hometown Vlaardingen filled with retro design (they also have a webshop!). Furthermore I love vintage / second hand stores and flea markets.

The lake Balaton print shown above is one of my favorite pieces, by the way. I took the picture last year and decided to have it printed at Hema. The quality and price were great and the print looks gorgeous with the cardboard number and the brushes. And the paper decorations!








My most precious item in this workspace would be the gameboy, hehe. It's super old, but super cool. And pink. What's not to like?! It's a Gameboy Pocket, it was my very first gameboy and I've used it for ages!! I don't really know if it still works hehe. The lamp is precious as well: it was one of the first things I bought for my small room in Utrecht. I bought it at a second hand store, didn't really have lots of money, but just fell in love. I couldn't leave it at the store and I'm still glad I took it!

All those washi tapes, by the way, have been collected by my girlfriend in less than a year. We've got three jars completely filled and one basket completely filled. And they're all sorted on color and style: the basket is filled with the black washi tapes, one jar is filled with pink washi tapes, another one with blue / green ones and the third one is filled with the printed washi tapes. Yes, she's an addict! ;)

So where did we get all this? The desk is from Ikea and the fake Eames chair from Kwantum. We don't really remember where we bought the shelving system, but you can find a similar thing at pretty much every hardware store. We bought the accessories at multiple places: the candle is from Essenza, the tiny horse, book and doggie from Kolifleur. The paper decorations (honeycombs) are from the Dutch warehouse V&D and the cardboard number is from Xenos. If you'd like to know where we bought any other thing, feel free to ask it in a comment below! :)

What do you think of our workspace? Would you be able to work in such a hysterical environment? ;) It gives me lots of inspiration, but I can imagine it being a bit too busy for someone else...

16 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh wat super leuk, met toffe kleuren heb je gewerkt. Echt mijn smaak dit!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Je interieur is leuk! Overal zijn kleine schatjes te vinden haha, net als de furby en de gameboy!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Heel mooi om te zien! Leuk en creatief :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Gezellig en kleurrijk! Ik ga je direct volgen op Insta nu :) XO

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wat een heerlijke werkplek, ik vind je accessoires heel erg leuk. In sommige opzichten wat druk, maar ik vind het nu ook weer niet over the top :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Amazing post. Well done! Keep going.
    many kisses
    Lady Fur
    Please check my last post
    www.welovefur.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Dankjewel!! Jaa, die furby vind ik zelf ook te leuk, haha!

    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Your home office is gorgeous! I love the combination of natural light, white walls, & colorful decor. Seriously, #designenvy :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Ahh thanks!! That's so good to hear :D

    ♥♥♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Geweldige ruimte!! En je roze gameboy :O zalig gewoon :D

    x Aurélie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. […] of gift wrapping. We’ve got many many washi tapes at home (as you might have noticed right here), so gift wrapping became more and more fun when our collection of washi tapes and labels […]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen